Saturday 28 September 2013

Vogue.7903 Shirt

This is my third piece of the mini wardrobe competition finished.  Its a shirt, and I haven't done collars for a  very long time , so it was a challenge.  I really like this blouse, especially the yoke.  Originally I was going to add a pleated yoke, but my friend thought it may be too rigid, Im so glad I took her advice as the fabric is quite thick, its a cotton sheet that was in my stash originally purchased to back a quilt.  I still wanted to have a go at cutting into my front shirt piece and recreating something different
I had an old top with inserts that had seen its day, so I carefully unpicked them   and worked out how I could use these short pieces on the yoke.  The effort paid off and I like the result. 

 The only thing I dislike are  the cuffs they are very long and loose (and I have thick wrists)  It makes the shirt feel big , in fact I have turned them back on the second picture. I shall have to review that next time I make one.   I even managed to find some vintage buttons with square inserts to match the ladder effect in the yoke.  Overall I think I have made a nice, crisp classic shirt.

2 comments:

  1. Each garment is a learning curve I find - and the first always leads to a second that is much better. What a good idea adding an insert from somewhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reusing that fabric for the yoke is genius! It really sets off the blouse.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise