Wednesday 4 September 2013

Mini Wardrobe 1st Piece Butterick 5890



Well I have finished my first top of the mini wardrobe.  





I like the pattern B5890  and I like this top.B5890

I will make it again, but I think I chose the wrong fabric for the pattern, however I was stash busting for the mini wardrobe.  It isnt crisp enough, but more importantly it just wants to waft about, not giving me that smooth clean line, I will constantly be adjusting it.  .


A little different from the illustrations a) as previously mentioned the collar is  now fixed and not white as it just wouldnt  have worked, my fabric is alot darker than my illustration.

Its made of one of my least favourite fabrics (polyester) and its very floaty, I dont make floaty dresses or blouses. I love the pattern  and the colours of the fabric and more than likely bought it because of that.  


I had to make a slip  to wear as my friend pointed out she could see absolutely everything underneath. "What Absolutely Everything!"  Luckily I had enough of the material so I used that.   I should have self lined it like  the sleeves had been, but hadnt thought of that at the time.  The sheerness didnt bother me while making it up, but maybe when out with joe public it could have proved embarrassing.


Okay, How you all produce these magnificent pictures with a self-timer is beyond me.
Obviously not enough time there!
       



A little better if not blurry.



7 comments:

  1. I love your top Louise. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the "picture" and what we want that when it turns out differently we fair to see the beauty of it in it's own right. Very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, that is a gorgeous top, I would wear it in a heartbeat. LOL at your self timer comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those self timed pictures are a challenge - I look as though I am so unfriendly in mine - as you say, some people seem to have the knack. It is a pretty top - sometimes things turn out a little differently in real life than in our imagination - just let it sit for a day or so and then revisit - you may like it a lot better. I do this with some of my borderline projects and then find they are okay later, just not what I expected. I think I'm saying much the same as BeaJay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like this top, its maybe getting used to the floaty fabric that is the problem for me.

      Delete
  4. I think it looks really nice! The colours are really great on you. It's going to go beautifully with your mini wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well doen on completing your first piece for the mini wardrobe. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all for you your encouraging comments on my mini wardrobe top Im really enjoying this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise