Saturday 16 July 2011

I love YORK

This week  my brother, sister and myself all had a birthday so we all met up for lunch.  I would have taken photos but it seems that a certain dog had decided to take my camera out of my bag and sit on it in her basket



Who me?
On Thursday I went to York with my sister. I love YORK


<><>
There are is so much see.  Just soak in the sights




<><><><><> <>
Bettys Tea Rooms.... Busy as usual




<><><>
<><><>
It was sad to see Habitat closing down after so long.
An end of an era.
<><>
I especially like visiting the Shambles



Inch by Inch this small street is steeped in history

<><>
I like the uneveness of it all.   Not a true angle in sight.  Just look at that shop sign.

I like how the get bigger with each level.  They almost meet at the top (well almost).  They look like Jenga blocks about to topple over
<>
I love this view as well. You can really sense how dark this little street is even on a sunny day.
Afterwards we went back to my nieces for tea, and when I got home this was waiting for me



















<><><> <>
A magazine bag. A sweet pincushion and a tape measure (polka dots my favourites). All wrapped in a lovely paper bag. A belated birthday present.
<><><> <>
  I SOooo love that paper bag Cath Kidston should make it into a print.

<>

I had a  really lovely week, lots of cards, lovely pressies, such kindness, I am very fortunate.
 Turning 52 wasnt so bad after all :)